Summertime means a bounty of berries and cherries! What better way to celebrate Fourth of July weekend (or any summer weekend!) than with a coconut smoothie bowl adorned with raspberries, cherries, blueberries, and blackberries? Each bite is like a little firework of sweet, tart, and coconut and a super healthy snack or breakfast.
Sunday Supper Movement is celebrating easy to make Patriotic recipes for 4th of July and we have tons of inspiration if you still need some ideas for your own celebration. Many of the recipes below can be made ahead of time or with ease, meaning you have more time for some fun in the sun too! A big thanks to Cindy from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings for being the holiday hostess with the mostest – pop over and check out her wonderful site.
My mornings have had a delicious start this week with the Red, White, and Blue Smoothie Bowl. I used a coconut yogurt base so it could support the heavier berries. The ice and coconut milk make it a bit more frigid and frothy. You could also do a banana with the coconut yogurt for another layer of flavor.
I am taking time this holiday weekend to start my organizing and packing for the big move back to Delaware at the end of July. Grilled sirloin burgers and potato salad are on the menu and maybe some fireworks on the beach! I am also taking some time to reflect on the meaning of liberty, especially in light of the tragic events in the past few weeks. I am sending out so many thanks to our troops, military families, and Vets for being on the front line of freedom. We are so very, very lucky to live in the USA.
Wishing you all a safe and happy July 4th and don’t forget to join in on the #SundaySupper twitter chat happening at 7pm eastern on Sunday night!
Ingredients (enough for 2 – 3 small smoothie bowls):
- 2 cups coconut yogurt (Chobani and Trader Joe’s have good coconut yogurts)
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup of Coconut Milk
- 1 cup of ice (totally optional)
- cherries, pitted
- coconut flakes, crumbled
Blend yogurt, coconut milk, and ice. Use less liquid for a thicker smoothie. Adorn the top of your smoothie bowl with berries, cherries, coconut flakes, or your favorite toppings. Eat it all!
- Honey Berry Blue Cheese Ball by Magnolia Days
- How to make Chicken Yakitori in Skewers for #SundaySupper by Asian In America
America the Beautiful Beverages
Raise the Flag Breakfasts
- Breakfast Cake Stars with Strawberry Syrup by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Red, White, and Blue Berrylicious Smoothie Bowl by The Hungry Goddess
For the Red, White and Blue Salads and Main Dishes
- Bang Bang Pork Chops by Wholistic Woman
- Blueberry and Watermelon Arugula Salad by A Mind Full Mom
- Blueberry Barbecue Sauce for Red, White and Blue Chicken Skewers by Caroline’s Cooking
- Firecracker Hot Dogs by Sunday Supper Movement
- Founder’s Mac and Cheese by Cooking Chat
- Pumped Up Potato Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Red Hot Chicken and Blue Cheese Bites by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Red White & Blue Caprese Salad by Go Epicurista
- Red White and Blue Fruit Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Red, White, and Blue Salad by Simple and Savory
- Watermelon Salad with Feta & Blueberries by Monica’s Table
- Yankee Doodle Noodle Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Oh Say Can You See Desserts
- All-American Patriotic Dessert Tarts by Family Around The Table
- Berry Cheesecake Flag Dessert by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cherry Vanilla Poke Cake by Cookin’ Mimi
- Easy (No Bake!) Two Bite Berry Pies by Cooking With Carlee
- Firecracker Muddy Buddies by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Flag Fruit Pizza by Dash of Evans
- Homemade Snow Cones by Palatable Pastime
- Patriotic M&M Cookie Bars by Alida’s Kitchen
- Patriotic Smoothie Pops by Crazed Mom
- Red, White, and Blue Berry Pound Cake Bites by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Red, White and Blue Fruit Kabob Flag by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Red, White, and Blue Fruit Tart by Life Tastes Good
- Red, White and Blue Granita by Dessert Geek
- Red, White, and Blue M&M Cookies by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Red White and Blue Parfaits by Desserts Required
- Red, White and Blue Popsicles by Our Good Life
- Red, White, and Blue Rice Krispie Treats by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Red, White and Blue Shooting Stars by The Freshman Cook
- Red White and Blue Strawberries with Chantilly Cream by Pine Needles In My Salad
- Rice Krispies Treat Birthday Cake by Pies and Plots
- Rosemary Cookies with Tomato Jam by The Finer Cookie
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.