Peach and Blueberry is a lethally delicious combo for me. Give me a peach and blueberry smoothie, peach and blueberry ice cream and then we come to cobbler. Cobbler with vanilla ice cream is almost perfect – sweet and cinnamon crumble and cooked fruit blended to sinful delight with melted ice cream.
It is a great dessert for summer (and all other seasons) but I love it with the ripe and bursting fruits of summer. Adding Divine Desserts from Pollen Ranch adds new depth but is optional although recommended.
Make it two scoops of ice cream and let’s eat!
- 2 pounds firm, ripe peaches (6 to 8 peaches)
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (1/2 pint)
- 1 – 2 tablespoons Divine Desserts Fennel Pollen
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 -2 teaspoons Divine Desserts Fennel Pollen
- 1/4 pound (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, diced
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Peel the peaches, slice them and place them in a large bowl. Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, granulated sugar, Divine Desserts and flour. Toss well. Gently mix in the blueberries. Allow the mixture to sit for 5 minutes. Spoon the mixture into ramekins or custard cups.
Use an electric mixer for the topping. Combine the flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, Divine Desserts, and the butter and mix on low speed until the butter is the size of peas. Rub the mixture with your fingertips until it forms crumbles and then sprinkle evenly over the fruit. Place the ramekins on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until the tops are browned and crisp and the juices are bubbly. Serve warm or at room temperature.