Summer heat invites us to explore refreshing and hydrating foods. Cucumber and Fennel are two of those refreshing and hydrating foods. I threw radishes in to spice it up a bit and add some more crunch to this delightful summer salad.
This simple salad is perfect for summer gatherings and picnics and will hold up beautifully in the heat. You can opt for fresh dill in the recipe in place of the dill pollen, but if you have not tried dill pollen, I invite you to check it out! I am not a fan of fresh dill but dill pollen brings potent flavor and elevation to your recipes. Certified USDA Organic Dill Pollen is available through Pollen Ranch.
- ½ English Cucumber (remove seed and cut in “U” shape)
- ½ regular Cucumber (remove skin and sliced thin on mandolin)
- ½ fennel bulb (sliced thin on mandolin)
- 6 radishes (sliced thin on mandolin)
- ½ sweet onion (sliced thin on mandolin)
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons of Pollen Ranch Dill Pollen
Mix all ingredients in a bowl, chill and serve. You might want to let it sit for a minimum of one hour to allow the flavors to really settle in.