My diet has changed in the past few years. Veggies are almost as likely to send me into giddy fits of delight as lamb chop lollipops and I include lots more green to go with my red steaks. But you cannot take the Carnivore out of this Goddess. It is a craving that simply will not turn off. I love my meat and I love my veggies so I feel like it all balances out. Buying meats that have happy farm lives prior to me eating them is my nod to investing in farmers that raise animals the proper way.
The options that are available to all of us now are simply amazing and gratifying – Dear Whole Foods, I Love You. I am swapping out some of my steak fetishes (on the grill not a la meat dressing by Gaga) for healthier choices that are simply amazing. One of my carnivorous posts recently was for a Grilled Bison Steak with Sauteed Kale and Portobello Mushrooms. Now, I get requests for Bison for dinner rather than beef because Bison rocks and the kiddos LOVE it.
For those that are seeking the proper adornment for various meats, I also wanted to share my Lechon Asado – Cuban Pork with Chimichurri Recipe. The pork makes a frequent appearance in the HG kitchen by popular demand and the chimichurri will PERK any meat.
Since this week on #HGEATS is #CarnivoreWeek, I reached out to Food Bloggers on Facebook and asked for their Meatiest Recipes. They answered and I thank ALL of them. Please pop through and visit the recipes below.
Prepare to Drool!
- Hangar Steak with Cranberry Rice Pilaf and Caramelized Plantains by Chef Alex – eat it and weep. Then go back for more.
- Italian Sunday Gravy by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen – no less than FOUR meats go into this scrumptious dish.
- Love & Pork with Plum and Raspberry Gastrique by The Tomato Tart – jaw-dropping, mouth-watering beauty.
- Sloppy Burger Grilled Cheese by Snappy Gourmet – step aside Sloppy Joe, there is some new sloppy in town.
- Pasties – Meat Pies by Farm Fresh Feasts – could be breakfast, lunch, dinner or a snack.
- Philly Cheesesteaks by Sweet Basil – this is a not-to-be-missed stack of yum.
- Grilled Butterflied Whole Chicken with Barbecue Sauce by Home Cooking Memories – the real reason we love barbecue.
- Chipotle Bourbon Barbecue Pulled Pork Sliders by Savory Simple – makes my mouth dance in anticipation.
- Manischewitz Braised Short Ribs with Horseradish Gremolata from What Jew Wanna Eat – just gimme a fork.
- Philly Cheese Steak Stuffed Peppers by The Kitchen is My Playground – who needs a roll? Not me.
- Boeuf Bourguignon | Beef Burgundy from Karen’s Kitchen Stories – I love recipes that begin with extra thick bacon.
- Steak and Mushroom Pot Pie from Miss in the Kitchen – meat and pie? Heaven.
- London Broil with Bleu Cheese Horseradish Sauce from Juanita’s Cocina - is there a better adornment for London Broil? I think not.
- BBQ Country Style Pork Ribs in the Slow Cooker by Shockingly Delicious - I would wait allll day for these.
- Coffee Chipotle Pulled Pork by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks – coffee and pork could be my peanut butter and jelly.
- Chicken Tikka Recipe by Masala Herb – one of my favorite ways to eat chicken hands down.
- Individual Beef “Phyllingtons” by Cupcakes and Kale Chips – ingeniously delicious.
- Nana’s Marinated Roast Beef by Supper for a Steal - Dear Nana, can I come for dinner?
- Guinness Pulled Pork Sandwiches by Chocolate Moosey – you had me at Guinness.
- Give a Girl a Grill- T-Bone Steak by Cravings of a Lunatic – Give a Girl a Grill and a Butcher and she will eat forever.
- Mini Parmesan Meatloaf by Modern Christian Homemaker – family budget and tummy friendly.
- Cocoa Chile Mole Flank Steak with Cumin Quinoa and Scrambled Eggs – this is a breakfast for a TRIBE.
Tweet your carnivorous cravings into #HGEATS anytime! Happy Hunting!
Don't miss a bite - connect with us on The Hungry Goddess Facebook Page!