My potatoes began as Red, White and Blue potatoes but after roasting … the red-skinned potatoes did not fare so well so we will say Red White and Blue Roasted Potato Salad in Spirit. Once you taste this, you will not care what color it is.
I originally made this roasted potato salad quite some time ago and it has become a recipe that I return to often. For this summer, I updated the recipe and used Slide Ridge Honey Wine Vinegar and roasted the potatoes with Zensational Fennel Pollen Spice Blend. Ohhhhh the layers of flavor.
The Honey Wine Vinegar gave it a slightly sweet tang and the Zensational layered in more herbaceous notes. I notice them once I slow down from shoveling it into my mouth and rhapsodizing. The bacon is a “gimme” and can be left out – but WHY???
The best part about this Roasted Potato Salad is that it works well at a Potluck Picnic or at a fancier evening nosh.
Happy Summer Salads and Happy Red White and Blue Food!
- 2 pounds Sunrise Medley Two Bite Potatoes cut into quarters (Whole Foods)
- 2 Tablespoons Zensational Fennel Pollen Spice Blend for roasting potatoes
- 3 slices of thick bacon crumbled
- 2 small shallots, chopped
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon organic Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Honey Wine Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup EVOO plus some to drizzle on potatoes for roasting
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- Fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spread bite size potatoes in even layer on baking sheet.
- Drizzle oil lightly over potatoes and use fingers to spread the oil.
- Sprinkle with Zensational Fennel Pollen Spice Blend and Sea Salt.
- Bake until potatoes are tender, about 1 hour.
- Remove from oven, uncover, and cool to lukewarm.
- For vinaigrette:
- Combine mustard and vinegar and lemon in small bowl. Whisk in oil, then herbs. Season with sea salt and pepper.
- Place warm potatoes in medium bowl. Add bacon, shallots, eggs, onions, and vinaigrette. Toss well and serve at room temperature or slightly warm.