Summer Barbecues are happening and an important side dish for all of that lovely barbecue action is COLESLAW.
Nothing fancy, but with a little flavor-packed twist – BLACK FENNEL SEEDS! It is Fennel Friday after all and this week we are talking about Fennel Seed Recipes.
I used my Mom’s tried and true easy-peasy coleslaw recipe and then added the black fennel seeds. I have to admit – I was surprised and I loved the little bursts of anise that the seeds provided. They look good too in the coleslaw and make for great summer presentation.
Roll out the grills and let’s eat!
Join in the Fennel Friday frenzy – we pick a different theme every week! There is also a Fennel Friday Cooking Club that is sponsored by Pollen Ranch – the source for all of my favorite Fennel Pollen products! Certified Organic – Pollen Ranch’s Fennel Pollen is the best in the world. Use Coupon Code HGEATS to get 10% off of your order at Pollen Ranch.
The Hungry Goddess is tickled to have Pollen Ranch as a longstanding sponsor of our site and Fennel Friday!
Check out Fennel Friday Roundups and Recipes
Follow @FennelFriday and the #FennelFriday hashtag all week for fabulous fennel and fennel pollen recipes and share YOUR fennel recipes!
Happy Fennel Friday and Happy Summer!
- 12-16 oz of shredded cabbage (I buy the packets to make life easy)
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- 2 TB White Vinegar
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Black Fennel Seeds from Pollen Ranch
- Add mayonnaise, vinegar, and sugar to a bowl and whisk to blend.
- Add cabbage to the dressing and toss to coat the cabbage.
- Add black fennel seeds and toss again.
- Chill and allow flavors to marry for at least an hour prior to serving.