The blueberries of Spring were singing to me in the store. Almost yodeling. I love blueberries and mixing them with some other delectable ingredients makes me SO happy.
How could I resist layering these beautiful berries in an adorable mason jar with vanilla yogurt and some shortbread cookies (for texture of course)? I could not. And they were a hit. White chocolate was chopped and mixed throughout for some extra sweetness and added a lovely layer of richness as well.
Now we can enjoy fresh blueberries all year!! Blueberries from Chile begin their season in November and go through May – just in time for the mid-May season in the USA to kick in! Chile is the largest producer and exporter from South America to the USA. The quality is fantastic and I feel completely comfortable buying blueberries and other fruit and produce from Chile when I see the tags.
INGREDIENTS (makes 6-8 small mason jars)
- 2 8 oz packs of blueberries
- 1 1/2 tbs cornstarch
- 4 tbs white sugar
- 1 tbs Courvoisier
- 32 oz vanilla Greek yogurt (I love Chobani)
- 1 bag white chocolate chips (I used the Ghirardelli Classic White)
- 1 package Walker’s Shortbread Cookies
- Reduce blueberries on medium-low with cornstarch, Courvoisier, and white sugar until it thickens. (like making a compote)
- Combine yogurt and chopped white chocolate chips
- Crush the shortbread cookies
- In the bottom of the jar add 3/4 cup blueberry compote
- On top of blueberry compote, add 1 3/4 cups yogurt mixture
- Top with crushed shortbread cookies
- Dig deep with spoon to get all the components on your spoon!
**This is a Sponsored Post from Foods from Chile which in no way influenced my love of blueberries or produce from Chile 🙂