I’m a huge fan of throwing coffee or espresso into just about every traditional recipe. So when I recently had a craving for my childhood favorite, I decided to shake things up a bit!
- Corn syrup
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Scoop of vanilla ice cream
- Shot of espresso or 1.5 ounces of strong coffee
- 1 ounce of coffee flavored liqueur
- Root Beer
- Pour corn syrup and sprinkles onto separate flat dishes.
- Dip the rim of the glass in the corn syrup, then into the sprinkles to coat.
- Add vanilla ice cream to the glass and pour espresso or coffee and the liqueur over it.
- Top off the glass with root beer.
Well, look at that. We made a new, and arguably more delicious, version of a root beer float while also making it cocktail party appropriate. Around my office, we call that a success!