I created this delectably rich avocado soup recipe for the Foods from Chile launch back in November.
Since Spring is imminent and so are new crops of avocados, this is a PERFECT Spring Soup!
The coconut water can be added to thin the soup since it tends to be heavy and thick and VERY green (in flavoring). Plus, the avocados make it very rich – a small bowl will do just fine! The pictures are in the Tasting Party Mini Dessert Bowls from Pier One and were just right.
Might I suggest some dreamy Walnuts as a garnish …. ohhhhhhhh YES! and the chives just add to the layers of flavor! ENJOY!
Do you have a Spring Soup to share?
The Hungry Goddess is Eating Spring on Wednesday, March 13 at 12n est on twitter – share your recipes in #HGEATS anytime!
- 4 large, ripe avocados
- 1½ cup coconut water (have another ½ cup in reserve)
- juice of 1½ limes
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- ½ cup chives & ¼ cup chopped chives for garnish
- 1 - 2 shallots, minced
- generous pinch of cayenne pepper
- ½ cup Walnuts chopped for garnish
- Slice and pit avocados and scoop out flesh.
- Place avocado, coconut water, lime juice, cilantro, ½ cup chives, shallots and cayenne pepper into a blender or food processor.
- Process until smooth.
- Add additional coconut water until you achieve desired soup consistency.
- Salt to taste.
- Chill before serving and add walnuts and a few chives to garnish.