Blondies are good, but coffee blondies topped with an Irish whiskey glaze are even better!
Irish Coffee Blondies
Author: Kaylie Kipe
Recipe type: Dessert
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 2 cups packed light-brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons freshly ground coffee beans
- ¾ teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 2 tablespoons Irish whiskey
- ¾ cup sugar
- Spray a 9”x13” pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Melt the butter and pour into a bowl with the brown sugar, ground coffee, and salt.
- Stir to combine, then stir in eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in flour mixture until combined.
- Pour into pan and bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes.
- When cooked through, remove from oven and let cool.
- Once cooled, make glaze by combining butter, whiskey, and sugar.
- Drizzle the glaze over the blondies and let dry for 1 hour.
If left to sit over night, the alcohol taste dissipates and you are left with a rich, slightly smoky flavor. Yum!