They not only give you cake and frosting in every bite, but also a bit of chocolate.
Yes, this magical dessert truly does exist!
And, if you know anything about me by now, it’s that I had to find a way to make cake truffles pack a caffeinated punch.
Which leads me to the introduction of my latest invention: Espresso Chocolate Cake Truffles!
- Espresso chocolate cupcakes
- Chocolate frosting
- 1 tablespoon finely ground espresso or coffee beans
- Candy coating chocolate
- When cupcakes are cool, crumble them into small pieces.
- In a separate bowl, combine the chocolate frosting and ground coffee.
- Combine the crumbled cake and espresso chocolate frosting, adding just enough frosting to make the cake mixture stick together.
- By the tablespoon, roll the cake mixture into balls and place on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
- Place in the refrigerator for 1 hour or the freezer for 15 minutes.
- When the cake mixture is done chilling, melt the chocolate coating according to package directions.
- Dip each cake ball into the chocolate and place back on the wax paper to harden.
That’s it – you’re done. Congratulations on making one of the most insanely decadent desserts known to man!