The Hungry Goddess is always happy to spread the word about Good Works and we thank the ever-awesome Jackie from Prime Parents Club for sharing this info about this great holiday project with us.
Here are some heart-wrenching facts:
- 1 child dies every 15 seconds in the world due to diseases related to contaminated water
- 1 BILLION people in the world don’t have access to clean drinking water
- An entire community of people can be saved with fresh, clean drinking water for around $5,000–the minimum amount it takes to build a well
Now for the heart-warming facts:
The ThirstProject is a 501(c)3 organization who works to “raise awareness of and bring solutions to the clean water crisis” all over the world. The Thirst Project is a nonprofit organization that educates students about the global water crisis and builds clean drinking water wells around the world. The $40K in 40 Days campaign, part of this clean water charity mission, is raising money to build a well in the village of Edlozini that will provide clean water for 5,000 residents.
Skyo is the best place to buy or rent your college textbooks fast, easy and cheap. Skyo has set a goal of donating $5,000 to The Thirst Project’s $40K in 40 Days holiday campaign, and they are asking for our help in reaching that goal. Through December 31, Skyo will donate $1 to the campaign for every new Twitter follower or Facebook like. Get in the holiday giving mood by helping Skyo bring clean water to those who need it most.
Take Action and Help Skyo Reach Their Goal for The Thirst Project:
- Follow @GoSkyo on twitter & they will donate $1
- Like Skyo on Facebook & they will donate $1
- Share this information with your friends and ask them to take action too
- Donate directly to The Thirst Project