We all have favorite recipes and creations that we loved making – for me, the Endive Salad with fruits from Chile for the Foods from Chile launch is one of those recipes.
Inspiration for the recipe came from a gorgeous list of foods that are coming into season in Chile and being imported to the USA. As winter approaches here in the USA, Chile is heading into their producing season – see the calendar of Foods in Season on the Foods from Chile site.
Gorgeous raspberries and delectable clementines are the base for this recipe and endives are the perfect vehicle to deliver a mouthful of fresh! Goat cheese provides a needed tang to offset the fruit. The Extra Virgin Chile Olive Oil mixed with the juice from the clementines creates a natural citrus vinaigrette. A sprinkle of sea salt adds to the sweet and sour combo and the micro kale is another layer of texture.
The endive salad is perfect as a snack or for a dinner party with the endives offering themselves as finger foods for your guests.
Enjoy this colorful, delicious and healthy plate!
- 3 heads of Endives (trim bottoms & separate leaves)
- 3-4 Chilean Clementines, (Peel and slice segments into rough chunks except for ½ of one clementine)
- ¾ cup Raspberries
- ½ cup Micro Kale
- 3-4 oz. crumbled Capricho de Cabra Goat Cheese
- handful minced parsley
- Chile Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Lay the separated endive leaves out on a large serving dish.
- Scatter clementine segments, raspberries and micro kale across the plate and into the endive leaves.
- Spread goat cheese crumbles into the endive leaves.
- Sprinkle micro kale across the plate.
- Drizzle a generous amount of Chile Extra Virgin Olive Oil across plate and into the endive leaves.
- Squeeze juice of ½ a clementine or more across the plate.
- Sprinkle with Sea Salt.
- Garnish with the minced parsley.
- Serving is approx 6 endive leaves per person.
- Add extra raspberries and clementines to the center.