Salmon is one of my comfort foods. I love a grilled or baked salmon resting on a bed of rice or quinoa! For the Foods from Chile launch, we had an opportunity to experience salmon straight from Chile … and I mean delivered to the door FROM CHILE! Fresh!
I also had the opportunity along with The Hungry Goddess team to learn a lot more about Chile and their fish exports. Did you know that Chile is the second largest world producer and exporter of salmon? Norway is currently #1. Chile’s salmon industry is widely recognized for its advanced techniques and high-quality products.
The quality of the salmon that we received was SUPERB.
The flavor was everything that you want in a bite of fresh salmon. The fruit salsa which is a Chilean combination highlights fresh fruits and veggies from Chile and perfectly complemented the salmon. We added the black rice for some texture and because I love black rice :).
This is an easy dish to prepare – add extra parsley to your almond crust for a gorgeous green color as well!
Check out Foods from Chile for more recipes and a #NowinSeason food calendar for Chilean imports to the USA.
- Nut Topping: 1 cup Almonds
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- ¼ cup parsley
- ⅛ cup softened butter
- Salt & Pepper and dash of Merken (1/2 tsp).
- Salmon: 2 lbs. Skinless Salmon fillet
- Approx 1 TB Merken - Chilean Spice (Merken is spicy check first for heat levels)
- Chile Olive Oil
- Salsa: 6 plum tomatoes
- 1 large green pepper
- ½ cup Raspberries
- 2 TB chopped cilantro
- 1 orange or 2 clementines
- 1 cup seedless grapes cut in half
- 1 red onion
- ¼ cup of Chile Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Rice: 1 bag wild black rice
- ½ Clementine
- dash of salt
- Nut Topping: Chop in food processor. Set aside.
- Salmon: Lightly coat baking pan with Chile Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Season salmon with salt, pepper and Merken to taste. (Merken is spicy). Cover the salmon with a light layer of the nut topping. Cover and bake at 350F for 40 minutes or until cooked. Remove cover at 20 minutes to allow the topping to brown.
- Salsa: Add all ingredients to a bowl and toss with Olive Oil.
- Rice: Prepare black rice as directed on package.
- TO SERVE: Scoop rice onto plate and give a quick squeeze of the Clementine onto the rice and a dash of salt. Serve salmon on bed of black rice with generous amounts of salsa around the plate.