There’s nothing more comforting than candied walnuts on a cold day. So it should come as no surprise that I added them to my list of traditional recipes to add espresso to. The result? Amazingness!
They’re super easy to make, which is great because you will eat the whole recipe in a day or two. Yep, they’re that good!
- Nonstick cooking spray
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons finely ground espresso or coffee beans
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 large egg white
- 4 cups walnut halves
- Line a cookie sheet with foil (for easy cleanup!) and apply a light coat of cooking spray.
- Combine sugar, espresso or coffee, cinnamon, and kosher salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg white until frothy.
- Dip the walnuts in the egg white, then toss to coat in the sugar mixture.
- Spread walnuts on the cookie sheet in a single layer and bake in a 325 degree F oven for 5 minutes.
- Stir walnuts and place back in oven for another 5 minutes, or until dry to the touch.
- Loosen the walnuts from the cookie sheet and let cool.
If you don’t eat these all yourself, you can add them to the collection of baked goods you give out during the holidays. Well, aren’t you thoughtful!