Rice Krispy treats are super easy and loads of fun to make and with a little bit of creativity, you can take this simple snack to a whole new level.
This is my idea of a more updated and adult version of one of my favorite childhood snacks.
I decided to try a product I’ve been eyeing for a while now, Nielsen Massey extracts, and they really helped to intensify the flavors of everything and made this simple recipe not taste so “simple.” These treats are the perfect cure to any sweet tooth!
How do you like to eat your Rice Krispy Treats?
- 1 box of rice krispies
- 1 10 oz bag of marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons of coffee extract
- 1 stick of butter
- ½ cup of heavy whipping cream
- Fresh ground coffee beans (optional)
- Rice Krispy Treats:
- Add half a stick of butter and 1 bag of marshmallows into a pot on medium-low heat and melt. Once the marshmallows are all melted, add the vanilla extract and rice krispies. Put mixture into a greased baking pan and let sit until it solidifies.
- Coffee Caramel Sauce:
- Add 1 cup of sugar to half a stick of melted butter on medium heat, let cook until even brown color. Once it bubbles stir in the coffee extract and heavy whipping cream.
- Serve topped with a sprinkle of fresh ground coffee beans if desired.