When approached to create a recipe for raw food week, Chef Alex Iverson immediately went back to a childhood favorite-hummus!
The lemon and the turmeric give this an added boost of brightness to the hummus. Perfectly paired with veggies and/or pitas – we snacked on this for several days.
Thanks, Chef Alex!
- 2 cans of chickpeas
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon of freshly grated turmeric
- 3.5 oz sesame tahini
- 3 oz Chile Olive Oil Bold
- 3 cloves of garlic
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Combine chickpeas, sesame tahini, lemon juice, turmeric and garlic in a food processor and begin pulsing, add in the olive oil as the food processor is running and pulse until it reaches the desired texture. Taste the hummus and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve with raw carrot chips for a perfect snack!