Continuing my love affair with the grill, I decided to grill some gorgeous New Jersey peaches that I picked up at the market. Since I grew up in Delaware, Jersey peaches and tomatoes still smell like HOME to me. These peaches were no exception – I stuck my nose into the peaches and evoked summer dinners under the huge oak tree in my Grandmother’s front yard.
Peaches are a delightful bounty in the summer and the quickest way to “prepare” them is to simply slice them in half, remove the pit, drizzle with Chile Extra Virgin Olive Oil (my EVOO of choice) and put them on the grill.
After a few minutes – like 3 minutes max – and once they have proper grill marks, you anoint them with three things: a dab of mascarpone (creamy, melty, OMG goodness), a drizzle of honey, and then sprinkle Pollen Ranch’s Divine Desserts Fennel Pollen Blend on top of it all.
The Divine Desserts Fennel Pollen Blend is really what takes this treat to the next level – adding a real WOW factor. Check out the ingredients in the Divine Desserts blend:
- Pollen Ranch Fennel Pollen
- Orange Peel
- Lemon Grass
- Cayenne Pepper
- Sour Plum Powder
- Star Anise
- Vanilla Powder
And think about all of that goodness on top of a grilled peach with Mascarpone and honey. Drooling yet? You should be!
Send me some of your favorite grilled peach toppings … I am eating this until the bounty runs out!
This post is to show our Fennel Friday LOVE of all things Fennel – even for dessert!
- 6 large ripe peaches, halved and pits removed
- 3-4 TB of Chile Olive Oil
- 6 TB Black Mangrove honey (more if you need it)
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 6 tsp of Divine Desserts from Pollen Ranch
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Drizzle the cut-side of the peaches with Olive Oil.
- Place the peaches cut-side down onto the grill and cook until lightly charred & showing char marks, about 3 minutes (longer if you would like them softer), depending on the grill.
- Transfer the peaches, cut sides up, to a plate and drizzle evenly with the 6 tablespoons of honey or more to taste.
- Dab each peach with mascarpone evenly among the plates and drizzle with additional honey, if desired.
- Sprinkle Divine Desserts to taste to finish.
- Serve immediately.