I have been fixated on Moscato for a few months now – since the weather turned warm and my normally favorite reds started feeling too heavy. Riesling tempts me as well but Moscato has surpassed even Riesling as my current MUST HAVE WINE.
A few reasons that Moscato Monday should be every single day:
- Sweet, fruity, bubbly and refreshing – perfect for summer!
- Goes well with fish, salads, and veggies
- Who needs dessert – just have another
bottleglass of Moscato!
- Since Moscato usually has a slightly lower alcohol content, you can sip happily at parties without getting smashed
- Drink it COLD
- Reasonable prices – a yummy Moscato can be found for $6.99 per bottle and up – depends on how sweet and how much bubby that you want!
A group of us lounged at the Beach Club last night and chatted the evening away while sipping on these deliciously simple spritzers … Cheers!
Moscato and Berry Wine Spritzers
Chilled Moscato Wine – (one of my faves is The Naked Grape)
Chilled San Pellegrino Water
Bag of Frozen Mixed Berries
Mix the Moscato and San Pellegrino Water at 2 parts Moscato and 1 part Pellegrino water per glass
Add frozen mixed berries
Sip the evening away!
Excellent cocktail for a Summer Cocktail Party like the ones we will be chatting about at #HGEATS this Wednesday!
From my Instagram: