There are combinations of food that should always be eaten together and California Fresh Figs, Goat Cheese & Prosciutto on a baguette or crostini and drizzled with an amazing Extra Virgin Olive Oil like Chile Olive Oil!) is one of those combos.
Sumptuous. Sweet and Tart. Eye-Rolling. Mind-Blowing. Must Be Repeated Again and Again.
I was at Costco the other day and picked up a whole tray of California Fresh Figs which is a good thing because I cannot get enough of their sweet fleshiness. Quick stops at other markets produced all the ingredients required to create something amazing! Armed with all of the deliciousness that we had at hand, we began to layer …
- Bread – we used Italian but a baguette or using for crostini would be just as good
- Goat Cheese – Montchevre Goat Cheese from Whole Foods – creamy with just enough tart!
- Prosciutto – Parma Prosciutto from Gino’s Meat Market – is there any other kind of prosciutto??
- Sliced California Fresh Figs - we found them at Costco!
- Drizzled BOLD Chile Olive Oil
The Chile Olive Oil enhances and brings the whole sensational open-faced sandwich together.
You could use this as an appetizer as well using baguette sized bread or forget the bread and wrap the fig in prosciutto and top with the goat cheese and olive oil – EASY!
FABULOUS COMBO … start layering and drizzling NOW! I think I need to go make another one.
Don’t forget to join us Wednesday on July 18 for the #HGEATS Chile Olive Oil Party – more recipes, more tips and MORE YUMMINESS!