Two birds with one stone on this post – a Quinoa Recipe for #HGEATS Eat More Quinoa AND a Fennel recipe for Fennel Friday – YAY! One of my go-to pantry staples is Fennel Pollen from Pollen Ranch. I had an opportunity to review it and fell in love which then led to launching Fennel Friday via Foodies Unite, our partner site. I cannot imagine my kitchen now without Fennel Pollen and the other spice blends from Pollen Ranch – they simply elevate dishes and I love that.
As we were contemplating dinner the other evening, the Healthy Goddess did a pitstop at the market and grabbed some tilapia. We decided to roast some brussel sprouts, pan fry the tilapia and do a quick and easy side dish with quinoa. Dinner in less than 30 minutes always makes me happy!
Tilapia with M-Ocean from Pollen Ranch
I did a very simple egg wash on the tilapia and then rolled it in panko that was liberally dosed with M-Ocean Blend from Pollen Ranch. I added some sweet paprika and salt and pepper to taste and then fried it in the pan. EASY and super yummy. Tilapia only takes a few minutes on each side to provide moist and flaky results. Paired with the spices in M-Ocean (Pollen Ranch Fennel Pollen, Almond Powder, Parsley, Orange Peel, Fleur de Sel (Sea Salt), Black Pepper, Cayenne) – it is a fantastic way to deliver delicious fish.
Roasted/Broiled Brussel Sprouts – my addiction and I could eat them every single day.
This is a fabulous 30 minute dinner dish – especially if you prepare the quinoa ahead of time and have it ready to go.
What are your favorite 30 minute meals?? See you at #HGEATS on Wednesday at 12noon!
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion chopped - make it a sweet white onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons fennel pollen
- 1 teaspoon of citrus sea salt blend from Pollen Ranch
- handful of spinach
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- half of a lemon
- Prepare quinoa ahead of time and set aside 2 cups.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 8 minutes.
- Add garlic and fennel pollen and cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes.
- Add spinach to pan and cook until wilted.
- Add quinoa. Toss with salt and pepper and remove from heat quickly.
- Squeeze lemon over the dish before serving and season to taste with salt and pepper.