Beets are one of my current and consistent cravings. I cannot seem to get enough. I am also a grazer so making healthy and yummy dips and snacks that are easy to grab helps me to avoid the not-so-healthy snacks.
As well, a beet dip is a lovely appetizer for entertaining – the flavor and the rich, deep pink color lend themselves perfectly to an elegant table.
Add some blue corn tortilla chips or homemade pita chips for dipping!
- 1½ cups (9 oz) cooked beets, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground ginger (fresh is always good too!)
- salt and ground black pepper
- ¾ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp chopped fresh mint
- Put the beets, garlic, coriander and ginger into a food processor and season with salt and pepper.
- Process to a smooth puree.
- Add the yogurt and process briefly to combine with the other ingredients.
- Check the seasoning.
- Scrape the dip into a bowl.
- Sprinkle with mint.
- Serve with chips.