Is there anything more luxurious than staying bed all morning and having a steaming breakfast delivered bedside?
One of my prerequisites for travel is that the hotel has room service delivery and good breakfast choices. I love waking up to the aroma of strongly brewed coffee and fluffy scrambled eggs with a generous portion of bacon. Heaven!
Here is a recipe to make for that special someone or the recipe to hand off to the person that will cook it FOR YOU. Frittatas are great to serve in bed or at brunch or even for dinner.
The ingredients are really interchangeable so get creative!
The smokiness and slight bite of chorizo when combined with potatoes make this a hearty breakfast. Try some star fruit or sliced guava on the side and don’t forget the coffee. As a final treat and because you deserve it, have something sweet on hand – we recommend our Amuse-Bouche for today – the Colombian Truffle from Shocolaate!
Breakfast in Bed Menu:
Sliced fruit – star fruit or guava
Potato & Chorizo Frittata
Colombian Truffle from Shocolaate for dessert
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- ¼ pound chorizo, casing removed and chopped (depending on type)
- 4 -5 small potaoes (new potatoes are great), chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 12 extra-large eggs
- ⅓ cup half-and-half (or whole milk)
- Salt & Pepper
- ¼ pound Manchego cheese (or cheddar), grated
- ½ cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add EVOO and chorizo, and cook until the chorizo is crispy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and onions, and continue to cook, stirring frequently until the potatoes are tender.
- Add the garlic and continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Beat eggs together with half-and-half.
- Whisk in the salt and pepper.
- Pour the eggs over the filling.
- Let the eggs set.
- Using a spatula, raise eggs off the bottom of the skillet, allowing more of the liquid egg to settle. When the frittata has set, sprinkle with the cheese and transfer to the oven.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes until top is deep golden brown.
- Remove let stand 5 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley, cut into wedges and serve.
Don't miss a bite - connect with us on The Hungry Goddess Facebook Page!